Bandit™ is an integrative kit bridging science and engineering practices
Bandit™ is a safe and low-cost STEM activity kit students can use to build and run a working gel electrophoresis system. With Bandit™ electrophoresis, students build it to understand it: by building the system, students will connect how the concepts of circuits, charge, and electricity that they learn about in physical science can be used as fundamental tools in the biology lab. Integrate crosscutting concepts into your curriculum while making clear connections between core ideas from different disciplines.
Bandit™ electrophoresis features:
- Integrative: Equally well suited for physical science and life science classrooms
- Safe: Runs on safe USB power
- Durable: Sturdy components stand up to repeated use
- Cost-effective: Our most affordable option for bringing this essential lab technique to your students
- Simple: if you are using this with a dye electrophoresis Learning Lab™, students can see their results as the gel runs. No need for additional stains or visualisers.
- Sustainable: No batteries required, and electrodes are reusable
Bandit™ is the perfect partner for dye electrophoresis Learning Labs™. Bandit™ dye labs are a low-cost option to explore topics like inheritance, genetic identification, and more! Contact Southern Biological for more information.
- Buffer chamber
- Electrodams™ for casting and running gels
- Reusable, corrosion-resistant electrode wire (good for 120 runs)
- Double-sided comb with choice of 6 or 9 wells
- Comb supports
- LED light strip to demonstrate principles of circuits
- Positive and negative leads with rubber-coated alligator clips
- Circuit controller
- USB-C cable
- Carrying pouch for easy storage
Note: USB-C power source required for operation is not included.