Description: The Carolina Biological Exploring Electrophoresis of DNA Classroom Kit contains everything needed for students to separate mixtures of Pre-cut DNA fragments using samples of lambda DNA cut with EcoRI and HindIII along with uncut DNA. This kit effectively demonstrates the action of restriction enzymes and the principles of electrophoresis.
Qty: 1 classroom kit including 5 mini apparatus (suitable for 5 groups)
- Fully illustrated instructions
- Each set of mini apparatus (5) includes a gel chamber and comb, micro-pipettes and connecting cables
- Materials sufficient for 10 demonstrations including:
- Concentrated TBE buffer
- Ready-to-use pre-digested DNA samples
- CarolinaBLU® DNA stain
- Pipette tips
- Carbon fibre electrodes.
- If you are not going to use the DNA within 30 days we recommend that the DNA samples be kept in the freezer until such time as you are ready to use them
- Required but not included: 9 volt batteries or equivalent DC power supply. Gels can be run in 3.5 hours using three 9V batteries or overnight with one battery.The use of mains power is not recommended for this apparatus.
- The refill kit G2.98CK-RK for the classroom activity kit also contains sufficient materials for ten experiments.
- There is a teacher demonstration kit G2.98 which contains fully illustrated instructions, one set of apparatus and sufficient materials for two demonstrations.
- G2.98CK-DNA is a kit for replacement of the DNA samples only, sufficient for ten experiments.