Description: A Mastring is a ring device of antibiotic susceptibility discs used for the simultaneous testing of the sensitivity of any bacterial strain against several antibiotics. Each lobe of the Mastring is impregnated with a different antibiotic; Ampicillin, Chloramphenicol, Penicillin G, Streptomycin, Sulphatriad and Tetracycline.
- Three pack sizes available (10 pk E1.10, 50 pk E1.20, 100 pk E1.30).
The symbols indicate antibiotics as follows:
- AP Ampicillin 10 μg / disc
- C Chloramphenicol 25 μg / disc
- PG Penicillin G 1 unit / disc *
- S Streptomycin 10 μg / disc
- ST Sulphatriad 200 μg / disc
- T Tetracycline 25 μg / disc
* an “international unit of penicillin” is equivalent to 0.606 micrograms of the crystalline compound.