Description: Introduce your students to antibiotic resistance!
Antibiotics have been harnessed by scientists and medical professionals to treat disease and save lives, but antibiotic resistance is threatening these lifesaving molecules. Using this kit, students observe antibiotic resistance in action by testing the efficacy of a selection of antibiotics against E. coli.
Key Info and Benefits:
- Using simple to use antibiotic discs, students are able to simultaneously test multiple antibiotics against E. coli.
- Discs are convenient, quick and require less clean-up.
- Teaching guide is included to help you lead the investigation.
- Additional online resources available, including product video!
- All required equipment is provided.
- Perfect for studies of microbes and antimicrobials.
- Students gain valuable experience in aseptic technique.
Kit includes: This kit contains materials for a 10 student lab stations, allowing up to 40 student participants.
- E. Coli - B1
- 20 Nutrient Agar Plates - MED3.30
- 20 Sterile Pipettes - M6004
- 20 Disposable Spreaders - E3.45
- 50 Penicillin Discs - E1.53
- 50 Ampicillin Discs - E1.57
- 50 Chloramphenicol Discs - E1.50
- 50 Blank Discs - E1.70
- Teaching Guide