Safely master critical techniques for spinal epidural insertion and catheterization with Simulab’s easy-to-use, ultrasound-guided Lumbar Epidural Trainer.
Our true-to-life simulator sits upright or in a lateral decubitus position and features the lumbar vertebrae, iliac crest, spinous process, ligamentum flavum, epidural space, and dura. The epidural procedure allows the user to enter the epidural space and insert an epidural catheter.
The trainer supports three varieties of lifelike, ultrasound-compatible replaceable tissues that mirror significant anatomical differences found in obese, geriatric, and normal patient populations. Every tissue allows users to experience variances in disc thickness and soft tissue depth on top of the vertebrae.
- Replaceable tissue variations allow for progressive skill development of diverse patient populations
- Highly durable replaceable tissue for repeated procedures
- Most realistic tactile feedback on the market
- Use ultrasound and palpation to identify landmarks.
- Practice spinal and epidural injections from insertion to full catheterization
- Experience the presence and absence of resistance and tapping the plunger until loss of resistance is present.
- Ability to measure and insert the catheter to the appropriate depth; remove the needle, and secure
- Practice the procedure in the left lateral decubitus or sitting position
- Simulated IV Bag
- Normal Tissue