Description: MED6.30 is a sealed set of 10 Luria Broth Agar Plates that is suitable for a variety of transformation experiments.
Qty: Pack of 10 Plates
- Store on lids to avoid condensation on the media.
- Upon receipt of your nutrient agar plates the following instructions are supplied to assist in the correct storage and final disposal of your plates.
- The plates should remain in their plastic wrapping until needed.
- Place in a refrigerator (below 4°C). Storage at temperatures higher than 4°C will reduce the shelf life. Do not freeze the plates as this will denature the nutrient agar medium.
- Store upside down with the agar on the "roof" of the plate. This prevents condensation forming on the agar surface and reduces the chance for contamination.
- In the event of a problem with contamination please note the Batch No and Use By date found on the outer wrapping (and also printed on the base of the agar plate) to assist us.
- Sterilise at 121°C & with a pressure of 15 psi for 20-30 minutes prior to disposal. Verify conditions with a sterile confirmation strip (E5.36)
LB growth media for microbiology should only be used where satisfactory disposal facilities are in place (Refer AS2243.3).
It will be assumed that the purchasers of this product have the right facilities to dispose as per AS2243.3