Simulab's CentraLineMan® System is the most widely used Central Venous Catheterization training solution in the market today. This flexible system offers unsurpassed value with clinically relevant anatomy, time-tested ultrasound compatible tissues, with market-leading durability from needle sticks to full catheterizations.
The CentraLineMan System features clinically relevant landmarks and anatomy. Learners can practice performing full venous catheterization using ultrasound-guided or blind/landmark insertion approaches at the subclavian, supraclavicular, and internal jugular vein sites. This vascular access trainer also includes accurate internal and external landmarks that are palpable and/or visible under ultrasound.
Clinically Relevant Anatomy Includes:
- Upper torso and neck
- Sternal notch
- Sternocleidomastoid muscle
- Sternal and clavicular heads of the sternocleidomastoid muscle
- Lateral border of the first rib
- Superior vena cava
- Upper lung
Vascular Anatomy Includes:
- External jugular
- Subclavian vein
- Brachiocephalic vein
- Carotid vein
- Subclavian artery
- Carotid Artery
- Practice full central venous catheterization using ultrasound-guided or blind/landmark insertion approaches at the subclavian, supraclavicular, and internal jugular access sites.
- Practice placing the patient in the appropriate position per access site standards
- Gain experience in identifying and selecting appropriate access sites based on patient anatomical variations
- Practice palpating external landmarks to identify vessel location
- Practice identifying unsuccessful vessel access through fluid feedback representing arterial puncture