Simulab's PacerMan® System is the first and only high-fidelity simulator for immersive transvenous pacing training—from needle insertion to electrical capture using all the clinical equipment. With PacerMan, clinicians can practice the entire procedure—including identifying intrinsic bradycardias, assessing intracardiac waveforms and manipulating output and rate with a pacing generator.
Simulab's patented SimuSensor® technology powers PacerMan, replicating a true clinical workflow by allowing the learner to use their own pacing generator to trigger patient responses on a simulated patient monitor. PacerMan can be set on Instructor Mode, with specifically chosen scenario parameters or randomized Student Mode. Both settings include options for multiple outcomes and offer hands-on learning anytime, anywhere.
- Durable replaceable tissue for full catheterization using an introducer and temporary pacing lead
- Ultrasound-guided venous identification and access with fluid aspiration
- Randomized Student and Instructor Modes with multiple outcome options
- Simulated Patient Monitor with:
- Real-time vitals including heart rate, arterial blood pressure, non-invasive blood pressure, and oxygen saturation.
- Simulated defibrillator for transcutaneous pacing and transition of care
- ECG tracing that presents intracardiac location waveforms representing the Superior Vena Cava, Right Atrium, Right Ventricle, Inferior Vena Cava, Pulmonary Artery and Current of Injury Pattern.
- Set up an additional monitor to simulate a stand-alone patient monitor.
- Bluetooth compatibility for untethered training
- Touchscreen compatibility for Windows 7 OS or higher
- Battery or wall power supply to offer flexibility
- Learn to manipulate the pacing generator and interact with a transvenous pacing catheter and introducer kit. – Not included
- Obtain electrical capture
- Refine amperage of electrical output and pulse rate in real time.
- Improve procedural performance through instructor-led pre-defined competencies or self-directed practice
- Practice medical decision making based on outcome options
- Train using blind and ECG guided techniques
- Increase team engagement with multi-disciplinary scenario-based learning.
- The instructor can choose from a series of scenarios by defining successful capture, thresholds and placement outcomes.
- PacerMan Body Form
- Ultrasound Compatible Replaceable Tissue
- Simulated Bridging cable
- User's Guide
- Optional Laptop with pre-loaded software
- Customer supplies Pacing Generator and a transvenous pacing catheter and introducer kit