Description: MED3.30 is a sealed set of 10 Nutrient Agar Plates that is suitable for a variety of microbiology experiments.
Qty: Pack of 10 Plates
- Nutrient growth media for microbiology are only available for sale to educational institutions where satisfactory disposal facilities are in place (Refer AS2243.3)
- Store on lids to avoid condensation on the media.
- Upon receipt of your nutrient agar plates the following instructions are supplied to assist in the correct storage and final disposal of your plates.
- The plates should remain in their plastic wrapping until needed.
- Place in a refrigerator (below 4°C). Storage at temperatures higher than 4°C will reduce the shelf life. Do not freeze the plates as this will denature the nutrient agar medium.
- Store upside down with the agar on the "roof" of the plate. This prevents condensation forming on the agar surface and reduces the chance for contamination.
- In the event of a problem with contamination please note the Batch No and Use By date found on the outer wrapping (and also printed on the base of the agar plate) to assist us.
- Sterilise at 121°C & with a pressure of 15 psi for 20-30 minutes prior to disposal. Verify conditions with a sterile confirmation strip (E5.36).