Using the Visual Scientifics Platform this state of the art equipment makes learning about the conservation of energy and momentum more interesting than ever by having students use technology they love, their smart phone.
This kit contains:
- Spring-loaded launcher
- Rigid-arm pendulum with barrel
- Measuring board
- Drilled ball
- Small metal rod with handle
Main activities are:
- Demonstrating the properties of energy and momentum with a ballistic pendulum
- Measuring the velocity of a ball shot from a spring-loaded launcher into a barrel on pendulum
- 10 Next generation science standards covered.
- 17 Common core standards covered
- Lab activity book is 27 pages and covers 3-4 hours of lab materials.
Required Components (not included):
- Visual Scientifics Base
- Safety glasses
- Visual Scientifics Back Board
- Visual Scientifics Photogate System
- Video camera
- Carbon paper
- Digital scale