Epidemic Simulation Kit
The ease with which pathogens can spread through a population is very relevant today as we cope with the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Using diluted acids and bases as body fluids, students participate in a classroom simulation of a spreading epidemic.
- Students then figure out who the original carrier was.
- The exercise can be completed in 1 class period.
- The kit contains enough reagents for a 30 student class
- Easy to perform; requires little or no experience in microbiology.
- Includes teacher instructions. (Refer to our resource section)
- Phenol red 0.1%
- Hydrochloric acid 0.001M
- Sodium hydroxide 1M
- 96-well plates x4
- 7mL vials x30
- Pipettes x30
Needed, not included:
- index cards