Help your students make the connection between chromosomes at the microscopic scale and chromosomes at the molecular scale! The Chromosome Connections Kit will enhance your classroom exploration of cell cycle, cell division and genetics. Students can manipulate the colourful foam pieces in the kit to:
- Model chromosome structure and anatomy.
- Construct Punnett squares to connect inheritance of traits to chromosomes at the molecular level.
- Compare and contrast mitosis and meiosis.
- Model mechanisms that contribute to genetic variation.
- Model chromosomal aberrations such as nondisjunction's, translocations, inversions, deletions and duplications.
- All necessary components
- Documents that provide instructions
- Background teacher notes
- Student hand-outs.