Description: L2.30 is a culture kit containing Physarum polycephalum (Slime Mould). The culture kit contains:
- 1 Inoculated Plain Agar Plate
- 1 Spare Plain Agar Plate
- 1 Vial of rolled oat flakes to feed the Physarum.
Qty: 1 Culture Kit
Possible Experiments: Physarum polycephalum is an unusual and fascinating organism that is perfect for classroom activities due to its ability to migrate and respond to its environment. Possible experiments include:
- Testing different food types. Which breakfast cereal does it prefer? Does it eat fresh fruit?
- Testing if the slime mould prefers light or dark conditions.
- Testing what temperature range Physarum polycephalum thrives in.
Notes: As soon as you receive your culture, place several of the plain uncooked rolled oat flakes on the plate. Replace the lid on the petri dish. Store at room temperature with access to indirect sunlight. See Physarum polycephalum Living Organism Care for more information on culture care.