Description: BamHI restriction enzyme recognises G^GATCC sites and cuts best at 37°C in Cut Smart Buffer
- 1 x 10uL BamHI Restriction Enzyme
- 1 x 50uL Cut Smart buffer
- 1 x 100ul 6x Loading Buffer
In a Sterile 1.5ml Centrifuge tube add for a 50ul reaction
- 42 ul of nuclease free water
- 5ul of CutSmart Buffer
- 2ul of Lambda DNA (ensure 1ug of DNA added, if stock concentration is 500ug/ml this is 0.5ug/ul)
- 1ul of restriction enzyme
Mix samples thoroughly by pipetting up and down a few times, reaction tube solution should look consistent throughout.
If you have droplets on the side of your reaction tubes, you’ll need to spin them down in a centrifuge to ensure all the reagents are together at the bottom of the tube.
Incubate for 5 minutes in 37°C heating block/water bath
Into your reaction tubes, add 10ul of 6x loading buffer, and mix thoroughly by pipetting up and down.
Load gel lanes with samples and run at 100V for 40 Minutes