● Straight-line propagation of microwaves
● Reflection, absorption and transmission
● Shielding from microwaves
● Experiments on polarisation
● Experiments on diffraction
● Experiments on refraction and interference
● Transmission of information
Equipment set for conducting wave optics experiments involving wavelengths in the cm range.
A transmitter with a horn antenna radiates a narrow beam of linearly polarised electromagnetic waves with a wavelength of about 3 cm. The direction of polarisation can be altered by rotating the antenna around the axis of propagation. To detect the waves, a horn antenna receiver and a microwave sensor are provided. A control unit converts the intensity of the signal received into a proportionally large output voltage that can be measured using a voltmeter. It is also possible to switch on an acoustic signal with a volume that is proportional to the intensity of the signal.
Oscillator frequency: 9.4 GHz (U8493600-230)
Power of transmitter: 10 – 25 mW
Internal modulator frequency: 3 kHz approx.
Acoustic signal: Switchable
External modulation: 100 Hz –20 kHz, 1 V max.
Output voltage: 10 V max.
Receiver with horn antenna: Silicon diode with resonator
Microwave sensor: Silicon diode with resonator
Dimensions of basic apparatus: approx. 170x200x75 mm³
- 1 Control unit
- 1 Transmitter with horn antenna
- 1 Receiver with horn antenna
- 1 Microwave probe
- 1 Microwave bench, 800 mm
- 1 Microwave bench, 400 mm with plate holder
- 1 Reflection plate 180x180 mm²
- 1 Polarisation grating, 180x180 mm²
- 1 Absorption plate, fibreboard, 180x180 mm²
- 1 Paraffin prism
- 1 Stand for prism
- 1 Plate with double slit
- 1 Cover plate for double slit