Using the Visual Scientifics Platform this state of the art equipment makes learning about the conservation of energy and momentum more interesting than ever by having students use technology they love, their smart phone.
- This kit includes components for the Loop experiment. Useful in helping students understand conservation of kinetic & potential energy. Visual Scientifics Magnetic Base (PHVSBASE) required (sold separately)
- Engaging activities for science and physics classrooms
- Kit includes metal loop ramp and 2 metal balls
- Includes laboratory manual and student worksheet
- Various accessories, including the Visual Scientifics base (PHVSBASE) and back board (PHVSBACK) are sold separately and are required/recommended for the included experiments
Loop Components Kit
This kit includes:
- Metal ramp with loop
- 2 metal balls
This kit includes components needed for the Visual Scientifics Loop experiment. The included laboratory manual and student worksheet describes experiments useful in demonstrating the conservation of potential and kinetic energy. The manual includes resources for instructors to help with lesson planning and to help student carry out the experiments. The activities cover approximately 2-3 hours of classroom or laboratory time, and cover Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards Concepts.
Please note that this kit does not include all required components for the experiments outlined in the laboratory manual.
Required/Recommended Components (*not included)
- Visual Scientifics Base
- Video camera for extensions
- Graphing Software
- Scale for obtaining masses
- Measuring tape or ruler