Using the Visual Scientifics Platform this state of the art equipment makes learning about the conservation of energy and momentum more interesting than ever by having students use technology they love, their smart phone.
- This kit includes components for the Hooke's Law experiment. Useful in helping students understand linear relationship between force and extension. Visual Scientifics Magnetic Base (PHVSBASE) required (sold separately)
- Engaging activities for science and physics classrooms
- Kit includes 3 springs of different spring constants, (9) 10g masses, aluminum rod, support rod, metal ruler, hanging hook with pointer and one support rod
- Includes laboratory manual and student worksheet
- Various accessories, including the Visual Scientifics base (PHVSBASE) and back board (PHVSBACK) are sold separately and are required/recommended for the included experiments
Hooke's Law Components Kit
This kit includes:
- (3) Springs of different spring constants
- (9) 10g masses
- Thin, bent aluminum rod
- Metal ruler with thumbscrews
- Hanging hook for masses with pointer
- Support Rod
This kit includes components needed for the Visual Scientifics Hooke's Law experiment. The included laboratory manual and student worksheet describes experiments useful in demonstrating the linear relationship between force and extension. The manual includes resources for instructors to help with lesson planning and to help student carry out the experiments. The activities cover approximately 2-3 hours of classroom or laboratory time, and cover Common Core Standards and Next Generation Science Standards Concepts.
Please note that this kit does not include all required components for the experiments outlined in the laboratory manual.
Required/Recommended Components (*not included)
- Visual Scientifics Magnetic Base
- Video camera for extensions
- Graphing software