Explore three macro-nutrients and three parameters using test kits and meters!
This comprehensive kit provides a complete unit that introduces students to important chemical tests for evaluating soil quality and fertility, and relates these measurements to the principles of plant metabolism.
The durable backpack is ideal to take out in the field for on-site measurements. The components are tied together by an extensive teacher's guide that includes background information about each parameter, classroom activities that introduce students to each parameter, and detailed field testing procedures.
Real world examples help students to understand the relevance of macronutrients and other parameters in everyday life. The kit is an in-depth introduction to major soil quality topics, all presented in an easy-to-use format that makes lessons understandable.
The Backpack Lab Soil Quality Education Test Kit includes:
- Agriculture combination test kit for testing nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and pH, with enough materials for 50 tests for each parameter
- pHep 4 water resistant pH/temperature tester (ENV4.10)
- DiST 5 water resistant conductivity and TDS tester (ENV1.36)
- Digital thermometer with stainless steel probe (HI145)
- Backpack style carry-case that holds all the components of the kit
- Extensive teachers' manual
- Overhead transparencies with summaries of each parameter
- Laminated instruction cards with step-by-step field test procedures
- Lab activity worksheets with instructions, aim, hypothesis, testing procedure results and comments
- A glossary of key terms for classroom display