Description: CM11 is a Stentor culture medium (working solution).
Size: 100 mL
Making the Culture Medium:
Pour 20-25ml of the Stentor Culture Medium into a very clean, glass petri dish, approximately 100mm in diameter.
- Soak 2-3 grains of wheat in boiled water for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the soaked wheat grains to the culture medium.
- Using a pipette, transfer 5-10 Stentors to the medium.
- Does not contain living specimens.
- Other organisms such as Chilomonas may also grow in this solution. The Stentor feed on the Chilomonas and they are essential for their growth.