Description: MED2.30 is a sealed set of Malt Extract Agar Plates. Malt extract agar is used for culturing fungi and yeast. Due to its low pH, the growth of bacteria is inhibited. Can be used instead of potato dextrose agar.
Qty: Pack of 10 Plates
- Store on lids to avoid condensation on the media.
- Upon receipt of your nutrient agar plates the following instructions are supplied to assist in the correct storage and final disposal of your plates.
- The plates should remain in their plastic wrapping until needed.
- Place in a refrigerator (below 4°C). Storage at temperatures higher than 4°C will reduce the shelf life. Do not freeze the plates as this will denature the nutrient agar medium.
- Store upside down with the agar on the "roof" of the plate. This prevents condensation forming on the agar surface and reduces the chance for contamination.
- In the event of a problem with contamination please note the Batch No and Use By date found on the outer wrapping (and also printed on the base of the agar plate) to assist us.
- Sterilise at 121°C & with a pressure of 15 psi for 20-30 minutes prior to disposal. Verify conditions with a sterile confirmation strip (E5.36)